Construction Administrative Assistance Overview
Bolton Construction and Service LLC is a family-owned, multi-trade, construction and service company, and we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to join our team.
** Applicants must be able to pass a background check and drug screening **
Provide administrative, clerical, and secretarial support services for project management.
- Contracts: Assist Project Manager in review of new contracts. Prepare project manual for each new job for in-house file and one for field project file. Become familiar with terms and conditions in order to facilitate handling of contract in-house.
- Contract Change Orders: Assist Project Manager in review of change orders prior to execution. Verify change order amounts and total contract amounts. File pending copy of change order in project manual. Update change order log when executed change order is returned. File executed copy and remove pending copy of change order.
- Change Order Requests: Assist Project Manager in preparing change order requests. File copy of change order requests in project manual. Maintain Change Order Status Log on a current basis.
- Billing and Costing: Assist Project Manager in preparing and entering Contract Data Sheet and cost breakdowns. File Contract Data Sheets and breakdowns after entry. Become familiar with billing information required. Assist Project Manager in developing Schedule of Values. Prepare and mail/email monthly requests for payment on AIA (formal) or an informal invoice. Assist Project Manager on following up on payment problems. Assist Project Manager in keeping computer file current with project file with respect to any change orders.
- Job Meeting Minutes: Make copies for appropriate persons, (i.e. Foreman and/or Project Superintendent). Assist Project Manager in following up on any items. File copy in project manual.
- Progress Schedule/Field Reports: Assist Project Manager in developing project schedule or in reviewing schedule prepared by project expediter. Make copies for field personnel. File progress schedule in project manual after review by Project Manager. File Contract Daily Reports chronologically in this section after review by Project Manager.
- Transmittals: Per Project Manager’s instructions, prepare transmittals for various items and mail/email. Follow up on any items transmitted that require. sign off for acknowledgement of receipt. File copy in the transmittal section of project manual.
- Requisitions: Assist Project Manager, Project Superintendent, or Foreman in writing requisitions for materials. File preliminary copy in project manual. Replace with final copy when received from warehouse.
- Purchase Orders/Subcontracts: Assist Project Manager in preparing purchase orders and subcontracts. This would include verifying vendor quotes, typing of purchase order/subcontracts securing appropriate approval signature, mailing or faxing to vendor, distribution of copies internally, and following up with vendors on acknowledgments or shipment dates. Prepare Purchase Order/Subcontract Status Log for each project and keep up to date at all times. Follow up with vendors to secure executed copy of purchase order by return date specified on Purchase Order.
- Delivery Reports/Packing Slips: Receive from warehouse or field; make and send copy to field. Project Manager will review in order to keep abreast of equipment/material shipments on the projects. Maintain file of delivery reports/packing slips to verify and receive in computer. Send receiving reports to accounting.
- Requests for Information: Assist Project Manger in handling RFI’s. This would include logging in requests on RFI Log, either those Bolton is requesting or those received from other contractors or architect, engineer, or owner and following up to make sure response is received or reply is sent.
- Estimates: File original job estimate in project manual. Also included would be vendors’ quotes or any telephone quotations taken.
- Submittals: Assist Project Manager in obtaining submittal for information form vendors. Project Manager will review to verify conformity to specifications. Prepare transmittal to architect, engineer, or owner for approval of submittals. Establish and maintain he submittal status log. Follow up as needed.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction such as: requests for quotation; pricing for estimates, take off on plans, copying blueprints, and assembling operation and maintenance manuals.
Answering the phone, placing calls for the Project Managers, page field and office personnel when required.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
Minimum high school graduate. Working knowledge of general office procedures, plus ability to organize and work with minimum supervision. Communication skills, verbal and written, and word processing experience are essential.
Must be able to read printed material and computer screen; use computer for long periods of time; move and lift supplies up to 35lbs.